Reboot is a social impact firm dedicated to inclusive development and accountable governance. We help governments, foundations, and international organizations achieve their missions.
We are seeking an experienced Program Manager to be part of our Programs team. This person will be a key member of our team, helping lead and manage a range of projects that bring together media, civil society, communities, and government to advance social justice. A primary focus will be media development and open government programs.
Our ideal candidate is deeply committed to the issues Reboot works on, and has the intellectual courage and curiosity to develop innovative new solutions. You are equally comfortable meeting government officials in Abuja or chatting with patients at a rural health clinic. You are enterprising and have the chops to become a star all on your own, but you value being part of a multidisciplinary team.
This is a full-time position based at our West Africa hub in Abuja, Nigeria. During project periods, the position will require significant travel throughout Nigeria and beyond.
Project Work (80%)
- Manage research, design, implementation, and reporting processes, from start to finish, across Reboot projects, collaborating with diverse subject matter experts and internal/external teams.
- Coordinate work across team members, project schedules, and budgets to ensure high quality, timely delivery of project activities within budget.
- Manage partnerships and relationships with media organizations, journalists, civil society organizations, and government MDAs across various Reboot engagements.
- Design, produce, and facilitate project workshops, which may include dynamic co-design and capacity building exercises.
- Help partners understand Reboot’s design approach, and lead discussions on project scope, methodology, and outputs.
Organizational Growth & Innovation (15%)
- Identify and cultivate new areas of business growth and project opportunities to expand our West Africa media and governance portfolio.
- Contribute to process innovation within Reboot to improve organizational agility, efficiency, and impact.
- Ensure lessons from industry best practices and client engagements are effectively integrated across Reboot’s work.
- Ensure frequent knowledge transfer between programmatic team members and technical specialists, and support cross-pollination of expertise across the organization.
- Contribute to Reboot’s internal learning and external communications and advocacy by creating content (including articles and blog posts), representing Reboot at events, sharing articles for discussion, and contributing to Reboot’s online presence.
An ideal candidate has:
- At least 8 years of relevant professional experience, ideally in fast-paced and growing company, social enterprise, or nonprofit. At least 5 years of experience in media development and/or open government programming at the national level.
- Graduate degree in a relevant field, including journalism, international development, public policy, political science, or anthropology. Candidates with an undergraduate degree and significant professional experience will also be considered.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively synthesize and present complex ideas to diverse audiences. Written and spoken fluency in English is required, knowledge of Nigeria’s local languages and context is an asset.
- Significant work experience in low resource settings and ability to operate effectively in unfamiliar cultural contexts and poor infrastructure environments. Experience working in West Africa required.
- Established media network in Nigeria, and a familiarity with the broader regional and global media development space.
- Experience leading deep qualitative research exercises, with expertise in: applied ethnography, generative design research, political economy analysis, and/or institutional ethnography.
- Comfort with public speaking and workshop facilitation.
- Poise, professionalism, and client services orientation.
- Ability to work under tight time constraints. Can multitask with ease and adapt to frequently changing priorities.
- Appreciation of complexity. Comfort with ambiguity. Sense of humor.
Reboot is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Reboot respects and values diversity. We are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination in the recruitment, retention, training, or development of employees on the basis of gender, gender identity or expression, race, national origin, religious belief, political opinion, age, or disability. Diversity of perspective and experience benefits our firm and helps us deliver our best work; we encourage qualified individuals from all backgrounds to apply.
Please complete the application through the link here. Include your CV and a cover letter that describes why you believe you would be a good fit for Reboot and this role.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis; those submitted by May 12, 2017 will be prioritized.
The Broadband Commission for Sustainable Development and Vodafone Urge Action to Connect 3.4BN People with Smartphones by 2030
· First multi-stakeholder initiative to address global mobile internet access gap has b…