Reporters Without Borders (RSF) is an international NGO that defends and promotes media freedom and has consultative status with the United Nations, UNESCO, the Council of Europe and the International Organization of the Francophonie.
With a headquarters in Paris, bureaux in 12 cities worldwide (including Washington, Brussels, Tunis and Rio de Janeiro) and a network of correspondents in 130 countries, we are able to mobilize support for our campaigns, to challenge governments and to wield influence.
Reporters Without Borders / Reporters sans Frontières (RSF) is recruiting a
- A programs director
Working with the Director-General, you will be head our programmes department, which consists of three sections – Research and Publication, Assistance and Training, and Advocacy – and has a staff of 25. You will coordinate the department’s activities with our various partners.
What will your day-to-day duties consist of?
As a member of the steering committee (CODIR) and executive committee (COMEX), you will define and promote our strategy as regards publication, lobbying, assistance and training. You will act as arbiter of the public positions that we take.
You will formulate our Annual Work Plan and supervise the implementation of our activities, always ensuring that they are effective and have the desired impact.
You will help to devise the programs proposals that we submit to donors for funding.
You will help to represent RSF in our contacts with national and international media, international organizations, governmental officials and donors.
Male or female, you have a master’s degree and at least 15 years of management experience, preferably in the media and/or NGO sector.
You appreciate the importance of media freedom and independence, and you are aware of the threats to which they are exposed internationally.
You understand how an NGO functions and you are able to combine operational and strategic imperatives.
You are aware of the importance of developing your team’s skills, you are organized, conscientious and pragmatic, you are comfortable with project management, and you know how to unite people around a common purpose.
Your resourcefulness, teamwork skills and ability to work horizontally across our organization will ensure that you are appreciated as a key partner by the management.
Languages: French and English essential
Occasional travel, as required
Salary in line with experience
How to apply
Send your CV and an accompanying letter by email with the subject line DIRPRO to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Director for our Hong Kong Bureau
Target start date: 4th Quarter 2016
Location: Hong Kong
Type: Full time, but could initially be Part time depending on candidate credentials and experience
Organization: Reporters Without Borders/Reporters sans frontières (RSF)
Principal tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Implementing RSF’s advocacy and other activities vis à vis Mainland China and Hong Kong
- Monitoring freedom of information and violations in Mainland China and Hong Kong
- Representing the organization in media interviews, conferences and meetings with officials
- Identifying needs and coordinating direct support and training to journalists and netizens
- Identifying potential local partners
- Providing input to advocacy strategy, project submissions and fundraising activities directed from Paris
The Hong Kong Bureau chief will report to RSF’s secretary general and its delegates based in Paris.
Three to five years of relevant professional experience…..
The ideal candidate will have direct experience or be familiar with:
- Journalism and media outlets
- Freedom of information or human rights issues in the region
- Project management in “challenging” situations (and countries)
- Research and development of local networks to aid in achievement of organization mandate
- Solid communication (oral, written, presentation) and social skills are essential. Candidates should also know how to work effectively remotely (i.e. be autonomous), though they will receive support and direction from Paris office.
Fluency in English and Mandarin required. A proficient level of Cantonese and French also highly desired.
How to apply:
For immediate consideration, please forward your CV and cover letter to email@example.com indicating “Hong Kong director” in the subject line.
OUAGADOUGOU, Burkina Faso, 23 September 2021 -/African Media Agency(AMA)/- In a worrying r…